A long, long time coming, we are thrilled (and relieved) to finally announce that CAPSULE‘s debut album Blue is now available through the Robotic Empire Online Store! One of the weirdest/craziest/perplexing albums we’ve heard in years, CAPSULE are seriously playing some of the most fucked up hardcore out there. There was a very frustrating problem with the manufacturing of the CD portion of this 12″+CD combo that resulted in over a month’s delay with this release… but new CDs have been pressed and this beast is finally available! Here’s what we wrote about this mindboggling debut:
Wrapping one’s head around what exactly CAPSULE is doing on their debut album Blue is damn-near impossible, as these three post-ADD maniacs have created one of the strangest heavy-music albums in years. This is a confounding conglomeration of blasting time-signatures, galloping punk spirit and a ghostly vocal chorus that buzzes through a mountain of guitar and bass. No other band sounds like Miami’s trio CAPSULE, just as CAPSULE sounds like no other band.
Blurry, buried shouts in unison are surrounded by absolutely thunderous songs, played at speeds with every tempo in the “punk” and “metal” spectrums. Intricate melodies in bizarre tunings sneak their way into an overall unnerving amalgamation of genres, creating an anxiety-filled album of fevered beauty. Of course, this is coming from a label who writes release descriptions typically loaded with hyperbole, but we still say with full confidence that this is one of the most unique and interesting albums Robotic Empire has released to date.
Attempting to keep up with the packaging precedence set by Miami brethren TORCHE‘s “In Return” 10″+CD release, CAPSULE‘s Blue only comes as two formats together, with a deluxe gatefold jacket housing both a CD and 12″ vinyl record. A high-gloss spot varnish accompanies this full color, die-cut gatefold jacket with printed black interior. The minimalistic design perfectly contrasts CAPSULE‘s varied creations on this simply stunning debut.
The pressing info for this mofo is as follows: (1505 copies total)
* 1000 on black
* 175 on cokebottle blue
* 175 on translucent dark blue
* 150 on clear/translucent blue with black splatter
Two tracks from this behemoth can be heard online here.
Along with this incredible debut, we’ve recently received a bunch of new stuff and re-stocks added to our Online Store, including some crazy-hard-to-find (and expensive) new BORIS imports, the long sought-after TOWERS/TDYA split tape, older obscure stuff and some fine re-stocks from a variety of bands.
* Antlers – Self-Titled CD (Rorschach) $7.99
* Boris – Message 12″ (Daymare) $19.99
* Boris – Smile CD (Daymare) $34.99
* Deflore – Egodrive CD (Subsound) $7.99
* Devil and The Sea, The – Heart Vs. Spine CD (Acerbic Noise) $10.99
* Dormant – Beneath the Mighty Oak CD (God Is Myth) $10.99
* Drain The Sky – Haunted By Rivers – BLUE COLORED VINYL 12″+CD (Level Plane) $14.99
* El Chupa Cobras – Self-Titled CD (Acerbic Noise) $10.99
* Gehenna – War Of The Sons Of Light & The Suns Of Darkness 12″ (A389) $10.99
* Godheadscope – A City Out of Sight CD (God Is Myth) $10.99
* Holy Ghost – Self-Titled – SILVER COLORED VINYL 12″ (A389) $9.99
* Indian Summer – Science 1994 Discography CD (Future Recordings) $10.99
* Kobra Khan / Helen of Troy – Split 7″ (Monoton Studios) $7.99
* Nonlinera System Theory – Fourier’s Outrage CD (Subsound) $7.99
* Odium / Feedbackstream – Split Cassette (Sacrosanct Opuscule) $4.99
* Party Of Helicopters – Space and How Sweet It Was 12″ (Monoton Studios) $14.99
* Pelican – March Into The Sea – BLUE COLORED VINYL 12″ (Hawthorne Street) $10.99
* Pelican – March Into The Sea – GREY COLORED VINYL 12″ (Hawthorne Street) $10.99
* Portraits Of Past – Logo Grey – Size: EXTRA LARGE T-Shirt (DIY) $12.99
* Portraits Of Past – Logo Grey – Size: LARGE T-Shirt (DIY) $12.99
* Portraits Of Past – Logo Grey – Size: MEDIUM T-Shirt (DIY) $12.99
* Portraits Of Past – Logo Grey – Size: SMALL T-Shirt (DIY) $12.99
* Procer Veneficus – A Summerhaze Array for August Nights 2xCD (God Is Myth) $14.99
* Procer Veneficus – Ghostvoices CD (God Is Myth) $10.99
* Pulling Teeth – Martyr Immortal 12″ (A389) $10.99
* Russian Circles – Enter – WHITE SPECKLED COLORED VINYL 12″ (Bloom Explode) $14.99
* Stroszek – Songs of Remorse CD (God Is Myth) $10.99
* Taint – Secrets And Lies 2×12″ (Super Fi) $17.99
* Towers / Take Down Your Art – Split Cassette (Waving Wheat) $4.99
* Year Of No Light – Nord 2×12″ (Cavity) $13.99
* Brain Banger – Yellow Belly 12” (Hawthorne Street) $10.99
* Breather Resist / Suicide Note – Split 2xCDep (Hawthorne Street) $10.99
* Burial Year – Self-Titled – CLEAR SMOKE COLORED VINYL 12″ (Waving Wheat) $8.99
* Burmese / Fistula – Split CD (Crucial Blast) $7.99
* Genghis Tron – Dead Mountain Mouth CD (Crucial Blast) $9.99
* Goslings, The – Spaceheater / Perfect Interior CD (Crucial Blast) $7.99
* Great Redneck Hope, The – Behold The Fuck Thunder – CLEAR COLORED VINYL 12″ (Waving Wheat) $8.99
* Great Redneck Hope, The – Behold The Fuck Thunder – WHITE COLORED VINYL 12″ (Waving Wheat) $8.99
* Kodan Armada / Montcalm – Split – SEA GREEN COLORED VINYL 7” (Bright Skull) $5.99
* Loma Prieta – Matrimony – WHITE VINYL 7″ (Discos Huelga) $5.00
* Nakatomi Plaza – Unsettled – ROOTBEER COLORED VINYL 12” (Bright Skull) $10.00
* Occam’s Razor – Invisible – CLEAR VINYL 7″ (Discos Huelga) $5.00
* Playing Enemy – Accessory CDep (Hawthorne Street)) $7.99
* Portraits Of Past – Logo Black – Size: EXTRA LARGE T-Shirt (DIY) $12.99
* Portraits Of Past – Logo Black – Size: LARGE T-Shirt (DIY) $12.99
* Portraits Of Past – Logo Black – Size: MEDIUM T-Shirt (DIY) $12.99
* Portraits Of Past – Logo Black – Size: SMALL T-Shirt (DIY) $12.99
* Prideswallower – Lifeswallower – GREEN COLORED VINYL 7″ (Bright Skull) $4.99
* Pulling Teeth – Vicious Skin – COLORED VINYL 10″ (A389) $8.00
* Taint – Ruin Of Nova Roma 2×12″ (Super Fi) $17.99
* Souvenir’s Young America – Self-Titled – BLACK VINYL 12” (E-Vinyl) $14.99
* Souvenir’s Young America – Self-Titled – CLEAR COLORED VINYL 12″ (E-Vinyl) $14.99
We also still have copies of the first in our limited t-shirt series. The “goodbye america” design is available in most sizes here. A new design will be coming in a few weeks, and we hope these continue to sell okay as we plan to keep releasing a new limited design every month for the rest of the year. Each shirt will only be made in a 1-time pressing of 50 shirts, all on American Apparel brand (so it’s hella comfy and you’ll actually want to wear it).
Thanks everyone, especially those patiently waiting for the CAPSULE album. Peace!
The post CAPSULE "Blue" 12"+CD (together) OUT NOW!! +online store additions appeared first on Robotic Empire.